Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lessons -- short version


Things I've learned lately about life and myself

1. The way I relate to an issue IS the issue.
2. Listening is often better than talking.
3. Silence is powerful.
4. We all make mistakes as parents.
5. Sex over 40 is FABULOUS.

6. I can truly love a person for who they are and for who they aren't.
7. My mom is my rock.
8. I have the best friends in the world.
9. I will survive and thrive.
10. I am powerful.

11. Writing is my salvation.
12. Rescuing a person from feeling negative emotions can destroy a relationship.
13. Being sensitive to another person's feelings can nourish a relationship.
14. There is a fine line between 1) rescuing a person from feeling and 2) being sensitive to another person's feelings.
15. I need only be concerned with my issues not anybody else's issues.

16. Apologizing for when I'm wrong is freeing to my heart.
17. Blaming is worthless.
18. My perception sometimes gets distorted and ends up hurting others.
19. Breathing is underrated.
20. My passion for music is growing.

List is to be continued....

3 comments:

  1. 19. Breathing is underrated.

    I bet a dead guy would agree with you! :o)

    Glad to hear the joy in your voice again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha kekibirdy girl! you so funny.
    self suffication wouldn't be so wise, huh?
    hmmmm, how would i reword #19?
    Taking a moment to just breath.. nah
    Breathing is good? a duh.
    Anger + deep breath = calm

    good enough. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it's perfect that way it is. Just thinking from a dead man's perspective that us living, breathing beings underestimate the power and the life force behind a good, clean, deep breath!

    ReplyDelete